Sunday, November 30, 2014

SPECIAL CELEBRATION IN MY COUNTRY

QUINCE AÑOS

Quince años is a celebration when the girls are 15 years old. The celebration consist of a big party where the girl is introduced to the society of the place she is living.  This celebration is special to me because I celebrate my 15 years old and until now is my biggest party I have ever had.

The tradition comes from the first ancients and the meaning is about entering womanhood

The celebration begins in the church where the quinceañera says thanks to God to be 15 years old. The traditional clothes that she wears is a fancy unique long dress trying to be different to all the other people.



The party begins when the quinceañera enters to the party hall. She walks completely around the dance floor before she sits down. When she is sit  in her chair her father introduces her to all the guests. He talks about her qualities and makes a toast.

After the toast everybody eats dinner and after that the quinceañera dances her first dance called vals. Sometimes if the quinceañera wants she could do a different type of dace like ballet or jazz after the first dance. Then the music begins and all guests start dancing.










During the event the quinceañera cuts her birthday cake. She gives souvenirs like bracelets, stamps or keychain  to the guests and around 3am there is a late meal and sometimes the mariachi arrives to close the party.






This celebration is not only in Mexico. It takes place in other Latin American countries like Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela and Dominican Republic.

1 comment:

  1. I like the QUINCE AÑOS , and i theink i will do it for my douther, but with small diffrents.
    I saudi arbia we do not have celebration like that. Eventhough we do not celebration the birthday.
    one of the diffrent I will make is she will dance with me only.

    ReplyDelete